Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An Anniversary Lesson


I am proud to say that my wife and I are celebrating seven years of marriage this month. To commemorate this beautiful occassion, we went to one of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte, The Fig Tree. It was a lovely evening; there was a palpable touch of fall in the air as we sat on the restaurant's front porch to enjoy our dining experience.

One thing was amiss, though: I was not my normal perky, extroverted self. Rather, I was feeling totally overwhelmed by my many responsibilities in this season of life. —I won’t sugar-coat it: I really just wasn't any fun to be around.
The waiter asked us what brought us in, and we responded, “Our anniversary.” Not a second later, the couple behind us said, "It is our anniversary as well!"  Their joy while celebrating their anniversary helped me come out of my funk a bit. My wife and I went on to enjoy our meal and conversation. As this nice couple went to leave, I asked if they had any advice for marriage (as they were definitely older than us).  The husband, without hesitation, said, "Patience." He went on to explain that they had been married 38 years, and patience was the biggest thing he had learned.

Well, friends, I can honestly say that I was grateful for his response. It reminded me how patient my wife was being with me that night and has been with me the last several weeks, as I have been trying to get a grip on life.

If you are passing through a difficult time, just passed through a hard time, or perhaps will pass through a challenging time in the future, remember this word: patience. It may just help you cope with the season more gracefully. 

Feel free to give me a call to talk more at 980-275-1627.

Ed Coambs


Edited by Reena Arora of Arora Media, connect on Facebook
For all your communication needs, she is all you need.





Stay Up To Date and Get Great Updates

* indicates required
Email Format

No comments:

Post a Comment